3DEXPERIENCE – Structural Professional Engineer
ASSESS STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY WITH POWERFUL FINITE ELEMENT BASED SIMULATION TECHNOLOGY TO GUIDE DESIGN DECISIONS.
Boost innovation in product engineering and foster collaboration through fast, realistic and accurate simulation powered by the Abaqus technology, leader in the structural analysis industry. Structural Professional Engineer provides a broad environment to conduct structural static, frequency, buckling, modal dynamic response, and structural thermal simulation of parts and assemblies on the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE® platform.
Smooth interaction with SOLIDWORKS – Access Structural Professional Engineer directly from SOLIDWORKS® Simulation and transfer your geometry and model features into Structural Professional Engineer with a single click. Set advanced simulations in less time by reusing loads, boundary conditions, mesh definitions, and material properties. Tight integration with SOLIDWORKS means that simulation and CAD models always remain synchronized even after design changes. Structural Professional Engineer provides access to advanced simulation technology within an intuitive interface.
Simulation management and collaboration on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform – Simulation is managed as a core value of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform through the capture, management, and re-use of your simulation intellectual property allowing it to become a true corporate asset.
The 3D Space web app of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform offers simplified and secure management of data and content for all users. The embedded 3D Search web app enables engineers to easily find data such as geometry, material and simulation models improving productivity.
High-performance cloud computing and results visualisation – Structural Professional Engineer provides you with a simple option to solve your simulations on your local computer or remotely on the cloud for longer runs (requires credits). High-performance visualisation tools support efficient post-processing of large-scale simulation data including an option to use remote machines for rendering and visualisation computation.
Structural Professional Engineer enables interrogation of realistic simulation results with speed and clarity for enhanced decision making. Extensive tools and controls for results display can be used for advanced and collaborative post-processing while utilizing High Performance Computing (HPC) resources to perform results visualization. The Simulation Review application offers web-based visualization of the geometry and simulation results for a unique collaborative experience around simulation assets.
Structural Professional Engineer delivers industry-leading Abaqus technology in a guided user interface on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform so that design engineers can get the benefits of virtual testing for informed technical decision-making. It offers:
- Analysis of sequential loading events (multi-step analysis).
- Linear and nonlinear structural static analysis.
- Thermal, coupled and sequential thermal-structural analysis.
- Dynamic response analysis including frequency, modal transient and modal harmonic analysis, as well as complex eigenvalue extraction.
- Advanced nonlinear material options including engineering plasticity for metals and hyperelasticity for rubber.
- Simulation of realistic behavior under a variety of structural loading and boundary conditions.
- Robust meshing tools, including rule-based meshing, with 1D, 2D, and 3D elements.
- Advanced capabilities for deformable, intermittent contact (surface pairs, automatic detection, general contact and initialization) between parts and assemblies.
- A wide selection of connection and connector options for modeling fasteners and mechanisms.
- Efficient post processing and reporting tools to interpret, understand and share product behavior and validation.