SOLIDWORKS Electrical Schematic Standard
SOLIDWORKS® Electrical Schematic is a powerful, easy-to-use suite of collaborative, schematic design tools that help drive the rapid development of embedded electrical systems for equipment and other products.
SOLIDWORKS Electrical Schematic Standard features built-in and web-enabled libraries of symbols and manufacturer part information to streamline the design process. With these automated design and management tools, users can simplify an array of tedious design tasks, from terminal block to contact cross reference assignments.
SOLIDWORKS Electrical schematics are bi-directionally linked to allow multi-user interaction in real-time, and to 3D SOLIDWORKS assembly, facilitating verification of proper fit, planning of all wire, cable, harness routes, and calculation of all wire lengths prior to any assembly.
“The transition to SOLIDWORKS was smooth, people picked it up quickly and the training certainly helped.”
–Marshall Vann, General Manager at PWR
Simplify development of embedded electrical systems for machines and other applications, with single-line and multi-line schematic tools for planning your electrical systems.
- Single line schematic: Electrical system planning tool for creating complex embedded electrical system utilising simple pictorial representations of electrical components and interconnectors.
- Multiline schematic: Traditional schematic creation tool with a simplified User Interface (UI) optimised for simplification of repetitive tasks
- 2D cabinet creation: Generate 2D panel representations from an electrical schematic, with 2D outlines of electrical components.
- Electrical component and symbol library: Extensive library of industry-standard schematic symbols combined with a database of manufacturer parts, to provide an easily customisable and adaptable parts base through easy-to-use import tools.
- Design and reuse: Suite of integrated tools for intelligent cut and paste, an easy-to-access selection of “favorite” components and circuit design elements, and the ability to reuse non-SOLIDWORKS Electrical design elements through easy-to-use import wizards.
- Automated terminal drawing creation: Automatically generate terminal drawings based on and synchronised with the real-time design.
- Report generation: Automatically generate reports based on real-time design database queries, with custom reports possible via integrated custom report creation tools.
- Automated contact cross-referencing: Electrical contacts are automatically cross referenced in real time and synchronised based on availability and type of contacts from manufacturer-specific components.
What’s New in SOLIDWORKS 2018
SOLIDWORKS 2018 provides four new solutions to help you simplify interactions between product development teams and ultimately improve your business. Accelerate product innovation and grow your business with these new processes:
DESIGN TO MANUFACTURE
Complete solution to bring your ideas to market
For years, companies have survived despite having a separation between their design and manufacturing departments, both by organization, and by the tools they use. SOLIDWORKS Design-to-Manufacturing Process Solution provides everything you need to bring your ideas to market. Design to final assembly work can now happen concurrently in one seamlessly integrated and managed system.
Download brochure >>
DISTRIBUTED DATA MANAGEMENT
The right data, at the right time, for the right people
Electronic data within organization needs to be easy to access regardless of the format – from documents and spreadsheets to metadata, processes data, and data from enterprise resource planning. SOLIDWORKS Distributed Data Management (DDM) Process Solution can organize all this data so it is easy to access across many disciplines and departments. It also makes it easy to capture non-electronic data and complex electronic data such as 3D shapes.
Download brochure >>
DESIGNER TO ANALYST
Analysis tools for every step of design
Great designs are the result of inspiration, perspiration, and hours of hard work. SOLIDWORKS Designer to Analyst Process Solution helps you speed up the complete design cycle. Your engineering and design teams can work together concurrently evolving product designs while validating any changes, and reusing previous analysis information.
Download brochure >>
ELECTRICAL AND IOT
Connect your smart devices to your customers
Every day products are becoming more complex. As web and app functionalities are added to everything from cars to sunglasses, many companies are looking for intelligent tools that work together so they can design and build the “smart” products today’s markets demand. Recognizing this, one of the easiest and fastest ways to achieve a more efficient process when designing connected devices is to use one single, unified environment.