How to create a custom material in SOLIDWORKS
Tips and Tricks • Naqibullah M • 27 May 2020
Have you ever wanted to assign a material to a part that you were not able to find the existing SOLIDWORKS Material database?
If the answer to that is yes, then this blog shows you how to create such material by duplicating existing material.
1. Create a new part or open existing part:
2. Edit the material:
3. Copy an existing material, preferably use a similar material (to have to skip setting the colors):
4. Create a new category for the new material:
5. Paste the copied material into the new category (right-click on the new category):
6. Change the material name and its properties:
7. Optional: set the appearance:
Central Innovation, QLD
At Central Innovation, we can provide all – or part – of the solution. Including SOLIDWORKS, Archicad, and many more industry-leading tools.
It’s something we’ve been doing for almost 30 years. Our commitment to customer service is second to none: we help you get the best out of your technology.
For a truly unique solution to your unique challenges, please contact us. Or read about some of the great services and solutions we offer.