Learn how to build a template to enforce office standards and efficient workflows.
Although more effort is required at the initial push at early project stages, less work is needed to be done at later project stages.
The time and effort put into every project start-up are heavily dependent on the quality of the template that is utilised, therefore, it is worth investing in producing a quality and relevant template for the office needs.
This training offers an overview of the responsibilities and technical knowledge of the Template Manager in relation to the task of creating and managing an office template. It summarises the core activities and provides an implementation and audit methodology.
An office template is a predefined, "empty" file that contains all the necessary information for starting a new project, based on the applicable national and company CAD/BIM standards. It will dictate that all new projects work to an agreed consistent standard and ensure efficiency and usability of the project files and workflows, producing the highest quality delivery.
- The role and responsibility of the Template Manager
- The preparations needed to be done before starting developing a template
- The various strategies that should be followed
- The content that is suitable for a template
- The key settings that are vital for the creation of an efficient office template
- The documentation and training that is required for the roll-out of the office template
- The review and update process
An Archicad BIM Manager Certification Course
Participants must have access to a computer with the latest version of Archicad
This course does not offer a complete Archicad template. It introduces the attendees to the most important concepts and strategies of creating an efficient office template, to suit their own needs and office standards